Blessings from God


"Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:7 (KJV)


This is today's automatic verse of the day and I thought I would comment on it.


This verse is usually used when it comes to giving monetarily to the church of which I wholeheartedly encourage but it can also be applied to the praise and thanksgiving that we give to God.


When was the last time that you praised God for the blessings he has bestowed upon you? Sometimes I feel overwhelmed and don't know which direction to turn. But then I remember I need to turn upwards. I need look toward heaven and ask God to help me. The other day I was reading Candy's blog and read that Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar were expecting again! Praise God for the beautiful children that God has blessed them with. For more info on the Duggar family please read here.


Well while reading the Duggar Family website I came across a story that Michelle was talking about and it made me realize that we should give God praise all the time even when we are overwhelmed. Here is her story:


"A Message To Mothers From Michelle"


It was 1:00 AM in the morning as I stood folding laundry with tears streaming down my cheeks. Feelings of being overwhelmed flooded my mind. I cried aloud, "LORD I NEED YOUR HELP, I can't do it all! I feel so inadequate! Diapers, dishes, laundry, meals, cleanup, school lessons, baths, hugs, kisses, correction..." My list seemed to go on and on.


Then it was as if a still small voice said, "Michelle, it's easy to praise ME when things are going good, but are you willing to praise ME now?" Immediately the scripture that says, "Offer up a sacrifice of praise", came to mind.


I said, "OK Lord, I will praise you even now! It really is a sacrifice!" So through the tears I began to sing, "The joy of the Lord is my strength". In my heart there was a release as if a burden had been lifted. I finished the laundry at 2 AM and went to bed.


Days later, I was at our piano teacher's home (at 7 AM) trying to catch up on paperwork while the children were taking their lessons. Instead, I kept drifting off to sleep! The teacher noticed and asked, "Are you OK?" I replied, "I'm fine, I'm just tired. I was up late finishing laundry."

As we talked more she said that she actually enjoyed doing laundry and that she would be glad to come and help me! That weekend when she arrived we had mountains of dirty laundry, and when she left we had nice, neat, orderly stacks of clean laundry! For 12 years now, our piano teacher, whom we consider a part of our family and loving call "NaNa" has faithfully come (now twice a week) to help us with laundry! GOD sent "An angel" in answer to my cry for help.

He is faithful to hear the humble cries of his children. "Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up." God lifted my burden (literally mountains of laundry!) and freed me to meet the more urgent needs of my family. "Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto Him be glory..."

Remember mothers, where God guides He provides!

With Love,
MichelleProverbs 3:5-7


I was so blessed when reading this that I thought, if she can do this with the full household then I can most definitely handle my household. It is just going to take patience (of which sometimes I lack) and take it to the Lord in prayer.


So ladies I encourage you to take time and praise God EVEN IN THE HARD TIMES!


Blessings to All!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tea Tree Oil I

Let's Eat Organic! In Season and Out -

A Modest Ladies Survey