My Life is not perfect but it can be!

I have to get back in the groove of life. I have been so blah-seh, blah-seh about life these past few months (I would venture to say almost a depressive state on the inside but don't know why and going through the motions on the outside). I can't be this way anymore! My children and my husband deserve better.


So to get started I have to get back into reading the word every morning (yes-I am not perfect just forgiven). This blog was created to be an encouragment to others striving to be a Proverbs 31 and Titus 2 woman but what is more encouraging to know that I'm just like you? I'm not perfect and right now I am picking myself up, dusting myself off, and will continue down that path that God wants me to be since I have lapsed in my pursuit. So on that note, I have to get myself and my children on a schedule. I have to get them going with sit down at the table school, etc. etc.! I'm tired of the bickering, hitting, disobedience and most of all MY LAZINESS!


So to start my week off I decided to do the Simple Woman's Daybook to ponder my day and weekdays to come. Also to get on track I'm going to try real hard to supply my Menu for the week (Menu Plan Monday). This is for those interested out there but mainly for me to get a schedule going. And then I'm going to try and work on my Home Management Schedule (see sidebar).


So to get started here is:


FOR TODAY March 2, 2009...

Outside my window... The sun is shining and I see a lone bird off in the distance trying to find it's prey. Their is a smidgen of snow on the ground and the temperature is 11 degrees. If I didn't know it was 11 degrees I would say it could be a spring day.

I am thinking... I can't wait until Spring (actually warm temps). My mom lives in OK and they are expecting the temp to be in the 70/80's this weekend. Their daffodils are already blooming. Sigh ...

I am thankful for... To be back home after a 2 week "sabbatical". I am getting back in the groove of my Home Management today.

From the learning rooms... Children will work on threading beads, pegs, counting bears, playdough, and some other activity.

From the kitchen... Going to work on getting my routine back in place:

LAUNDRY: As much washing as I can do today
LIGHT CLEAN: Kitchen Appliances (stovetop, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer)
FOCUS CLEANING:WEEK 1: Upright Fridge/Freezer
PROJECTS (15-30 minutes) Organize Pantry and a few other projects to get myself back on track (I always have tons but if I limit it to 15-30 mins it doesn't seem so overwhelming).

If you would like to see what the rest of my week will be like please see sidebar for Home Management Schedule. This is NOT set in stone but I will try to follow as much as possible.

I am wearing... An ankle length blue jean skirt that buttons up the front and is very roomy, a red 3/4 length sleeve red t-shirt with a red rhinestone heart on the front and my new for Christmas black houseshoes (when I'm done typing this I'm going to get on a pair of socks also-my feet are cold!)

I am creating... My weekly routine schedule again. See side bar for Home Management Schedule. I am also working on the Menu plan.

In addition I am working on 2 cookbooks. One that will have menu plans (for the simple woman like me) along with recipes and the other will be Hotel living menu plan and recipes (will include shopping lists, etc.) These are all in the works but won't be finished for some time.

I am going... to work hard at getting myself back on track!

I am reading... What am I not reading? Oh yeah that's right, the Bible, the most important book I SHOULD be reading on a daily basis. I am going to get back into my daily routine. I used to get up at 5 and read/study before my children and husband woke up but since Christmas I have just not been doing it and have been quite lazy, sleeping until the last moment before I have to get up and make hubby's lunch and breakfast for all.

What I HAVE been reading other than the Bible is:

--For Reading Enjoyment: "The Stonewycke Triology" (Christian Historical Romance) by Michael Phillips and Judith Pella
--For Enrichment: "Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet" Spirit by Teri Maxwell (ww.titus2.org)
--For Training: "Raising Godly Tomatoes" by L. Elizabeth Krueger -- this book you can read right online or you can purchase the hard back book.

What I want to start reading this week:
--For Training: "Keeping Our Children's Hearts: Our Vital Priority" by Steven and Teri Maxwell
--For Home Managment: "Managers of their Homes" by Steven and Teri Maxwell (to help with my home managment getting back on tract thinking)
--For the Garden: "Great Green book of Garden Secrets" by Jerry Baker (I just ordered the seeds for the garden and this book tells you how to GO GREEN by using natural fertilizers/pesticides, etc. so that we can have this garden as much non-certified organic/natural as possible)

I am hoping... That God will strengthen me and help me overcome my laziness so that I can get back on track. Please pray for me.

I am hearing... The fireplace blower of which I think I need to add more wood because it still seems awfully cool in here (yep, it is 69 degrees when usually with the fireplace it is between 72-75 degrees)

Around the house... I have a lot of clutter that I need to tackle. I'm getting the spring fever where I just want to start pitchin everthing. Of course I don't mean that literally. I have my keep, sell, toss boxes and started yesterday with my bedroom (my children were sick so we stayed home from church). It felt really good to purge! Along with my Home Management Scheudle I also want to start every Friday the "31 Thing Fling". In addition to that I also want to take up "Organized Junkie's Monthly Organizing Round-Up". Check these 2 things out. This will help me tame that Ugly Clutter Monster that seems to keep taking over my house!

One of my favorite things... to hear quiet in the house when my children are playing nicely together.

A few plans for the rest of the week: work on my daily schedule (please see sidebar for Home Managment Schedule)

Here is picture thought I am sharing... In honor of my Great-Grandfather Earl Gooding who passed away a few weeks ago at the age of 94. I'm standing next to my Grandpa and this is his Dad, my Great-Grandpa.

Comments

Anonymous said…
69 degrees sounds like a nice comfortable temp to me! Anything above 70 and I'm ready for the a/c. :)
Good luck with the schedule/routine. I do much better when I live by schedule.

Popular posts from this blog

Tea Tree Oil I

Let's Eat Organic! In Season and Out -

A Modest Ladies Survey