Kombucha (kom - boo - cha) and Kefir (keh-fur)

Well I just ordered my Kombucha scoby and my kefir grains (I will post about this later but I have already started making my own kefir (from powder) and homemade yogurt and have had fantastic results, at least from the yogurt, thus the reason for purchasing the grains).

So Anywhoo-- It is really exciting when you start doing things in your kitchen that is so much better for your family and for yourself too. Well you are probably curious about Kombucha so I thought I would post about it real quick. If you are interested I have a past post on kefir that I linked to someone else if you want to find out more "How to Make Kefir" and "Drinking Kefir and Probiotics" )

Here are some pics of my kefir I made about a week ago. I also made yogurt the same day.


I need to make some more of each. Kefir I will probably make tonight but the yogurt I will have to do tomorrow or Thursday is it is an overnight process.











Kombucha tea is natures probiotic in a real sense that the tea contains numerous beneficial bacteria, acids and yeasts that aid our bodies on a great many levels. A probiotic is a live bacteria that helps populate the

large intestine with friendly bacteria known as gut flora, which dissolve harmful micro-organisms. Kombucha tea provides the body with additional gluceronic acid which is what the liver produces to detoxify the body.
The tea also gives you an energy boost, due to the range of B vitamins in the tea, particularly B1, B2, B6, and B12. These vitamins also help the body to process fats (the tea is a great addition to any weight-loss regimen) and proteins. There is also vitamin C which is a potent detoxifier, immune booster and enhancer of vitality. Many have found they can wean themselves off caffeine once they start incorporating kombucha tea into their morning routine.
In addition Kombucha has a wide range of organic acids and enzymes. The health benefits of Kombucha tea may also aid the body to alleviate a wide spectrum of ailments and conditions; from the mildest indisposition to the most serious diseases. A cursory google search provides many many testimonies of those who have been healed of various illnesses, and attribute Kombucha tea to their recovery.
Considering all of kombucha teas attributes, it really makes sense that everyone who is concerned about their health should include this tea in their daily regimen. The best thing about it is that it costs only pennies a day to make and enjoy!


Because it is so great and it is recommened by Nourishing Traditions (to read reviews go to Amazon) and it will help my body to begin to heal and I will have more energy I can't wait to try it out. I should be able to experience the full benefits so here goes in a couple of weeks.
Blessings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tea Tree Oil I

Let's Eat Organic! In Season and Out -

A Modest Ladies Survey