How does your garden grow? Part II


These are our cucumber mounds - total of 4 with about 3 or 4 plants on each one.  Hubby and I decided we were going to plant a couple of extra plants so that I can make more pickles.  We are almost out of last years as I have been using them sparingly.  Next year I want to just go downstairs and grab a jar whenever the mood strikes for some good homemade bread-n-butter pickles!  Yummy!
 
Here are our onion sets that we planted.  I would say there are about 50 planted.
My awesome Hubby planting my red Heirloom tomatoes.  I already can't wait for fresh tomaotes for homemade salsa and canning season!  We are going to have another Titus 2 Workshop on Canning this this Summer if you are reader and live close by (Ladies Only)

On the Red plastic bag looking thing up there - that is called Red Mulch.  To find out more this is where we ordered ours from Gardens Alive which is a place to get all natural and organic materials for your garden.  Anything from disease control - weed control - lawn care - animal and insect pest control - lawn care - soil care - and plant care.  I love this place.  As a matter of fact I just placed an order for these items:
 
1  3203    WATERMELON ORGANIC SUGAR BABY 
1  8797    GREEN STEP CATERPILLAR CONTROL
1  3201    WATERMELON ORGANIC CRIMSON SWE
1  8206    WEED-ASIDE PT                 
1  8352    SWEET CORN ALIVE 3#           
1  2840    ENZ-ROT BLOSSOM END ROT SPRAY 
 
As you may see I also ordered some Watermelon seeds.  I ordered 2 different kinds to help with growth as you need cross pollination.  I now just have to find a place to grow them as we all LOVE watermelon and my Darling Hubby doesn't want anymore plants that vine in the big garden.  WOW-as I'm typing this the UPS man just delivered my package from them, Hallelujah!
Here is Makahla helping to tend the Bell Pepper plants.  They loved helping out!
On this side is planted to your far right, 3 zucchini and 2 squash plants (compared to 7 squash plants and 9 zucchini plants last year - WAY too much!)
Also planted is 4 rows of Trofeo Bush Beans and 2 rows of Sweet Corn with sweet pea vine growing pea pods planted at the base of the corn (so that it can trail up the corn as a natural pole)

There is still a lot of area that we have not planted but I'm thinking of planting Butter Crunch lettuce and some carrots.  There will still be space and I'm thinking about it.  Any ideas to help me out?

Well until next time!  Blessings to ya!

Micki 



Comments

Hi Micki,

I'm not sure where else to post this. I was soooo excited to have you being the first to comment on my blog. And I am excited to spend some time in the next few days reading yours. It looks like we have many of the same interests. Hope to learn from your blog set up too, as this is all new to me.

Reading about your garden just makes me itch to get gardening here too, but we still get frost here until at least the end of May.

Hope you have a wonderful day and it's so nice to meet you.

Margaret

Popular posts from this blog

Tea Tree Oil I

Let's Eat Organic! In Season and Out -

A Modest Ladies Survey